A Place Beyond Courage
Based on the true story of John FitzGilbert, marshal to three kings and one empress. Accomplished soldier, feared warrior, cunning tactitian. Father to five year old William. A man balancing on the edge, because sometimes keeping your honour means breaking your word.
The Brave and the valiant are to be found often between the hooves of horses,for never will cowards fall down there.’
~ The Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal ~
‘John FitzGilbert Marshal’ A portrait by Diana Popovic Dicso.
Extracts for download
|Microsoft Word [click to download]|
|PDF [click to download]|
Links, blog posts and resources
- John Marshal’s biography
- Castles in the Ether – my blog post regarding the location of Newbury Castle
- A further blog post on the subject
- Bradenstoke Priory – the resting place of John Marshal
- Looking back in time – Meeting John Marshal in the Akashic Records
- Back from researching
- Sifting through the ashes – Thoughts following a research trip to John’s stamping grounds
- Busy, busy, busy – In which the Akashic Records see John fighting a duel
- California dreamin’ – In which I receive John’s shield through the post
- Beyond the looking glass – An Akashic interview with John Marshal
- Return from the past – Another research visit in 2008
- A Place Beyond Courage the out-takes – Blog post August 2010
- NEWBURY CASTLE – The Where and and the Where Not!
- ANVILS AND HAMMERS: Why John FitzGilbert Marshal’s speech shouldn’t be taken at face value.